That’s the way the Yanks went on their road trip losing all four series 3 of them 2-1 the other of course the 3 zip sweep by KC, before that there was also the 2-1 home series loss to Boston.
Well they now go into a 4 series, 13 game home stand against Pirates, Cubs, D-Rays and Mets. One out of three here certainly won’t do, after all ther’re only 3.5 games behind Boston and 6 behind Baltimore the gap has to be closed over the next two weeks.
And is Lou Piniella trying to talk himself back into the George’s employ ?
Despite the slump in the Bronx the faithful have been doing their best to vote Yanks players into the All Star Game
- 1st Base – 1st Tino Martinez – hasn’t done much since the HR streak ended
- 2nd Base – 4th Tony Womack – this is surprise considering the disregard he’s held by a lot of Yanks fans
- 3rd Base – 1st Alex Rodriguez – no brainer
- SS – 2nd Derek Jeter – Tejada is well in the lead
- C – 3rd Jorge Posada
- OF – 5th Gary Sheffield
- OF – 6th Hideki Matsui
- OF – 11th Bernie Williams
- DH – 3rd – Jason Giambi